OctaPrint is an open source software for operating 3D printers with a user-friendly web interface.
For knowing when the printing process is finished if you’re not around, we have written an extension. It allows you to send an SMS to a preset mobile phone number as soon as the printing process is finished.
Install the extension via the bundled plugin manager. Type in https://github.com/sms77io/octoprint in the URL field.
After installation, go to Settings -> Plugins -> sms77 and fill out the form.
- Your API key from sms77 which is required for sending SMS.
- Whether the plugin is activated or not.
- Whether SMS gets sent as flash or not.
- The SMS text to send.
- An identifier for naming the printer.
- A comma separated list of SMS recipient(s).
- The value to use as the SMS sender.
You can make use of the following placeholders:
- Resolves to the duration of the print.
- Resolves to the filename of the print.
- Resolves to the name of the printer being used.