Do you actually know all the settings and tricks to optimize your bulk SMS? Configurations for automation, serial SMS on the go via command line triggered or time-delayed options for international marketing campaigns: Here you will find all important features on the topic.
Scatter bulk SMS streuen or use it selectively
SMS are THE communication tool when it comes to high availability and reading rates. No other medium can such reliably reach receivers all over the world – at any time, even without the Internet or state-of-the-art high-tech. Above all, business strategies for marketing, services, authentication, organization and scheduling benefits from this. The application areas are extremely versatile as well as complex. In some scenarios, sending a bulk SMS is just speculation for success, but most rely on that reliability and stable throughput rate.
Also important is a clear segmentation of the contact data. Select all = long range? Yes and no. At first, the theory “I send my offer to everyone I know” seems tempting. In the long term, however, more and more annoyed customers will turn away from you. Because they feel disturbed by messages that seem irrelevant to them, or simply because they are too many. Therefore, a targeted bulk SMS campaign is recommended. There are many ways to effectively automate, personalize and scale it.
Advantages of bulk SMS via SMS gateway
Before straining your fingers with forwarding or copy-and-paste, it’s best to use high-quality HTTP APIs to send Business SMS faster and, above all, more reliably. Via SMS gateway, various interfaces can be integrated, be it SMS2Email, Email2SMS or international routes, with which you can reach recipients all over the world.
Serial SMS: The business guide
You’ve collected a lot of contact data and would like to start your own SMS series? No problem. From many popular programs, such as Outlook, contact data can be saved as CSV: a tabular overview with all information on names, addresses, mobile phone numbers etc.
Step 1 – Login:
Log in to your sms77 account. If you do not have one, you can register for free at any time.
Step 2- Data import:
Import your contact data stored as CSV. If desired, you can also create these as a new group.
Step 3 – Configure SMS:
In the sms77 webapp you can easily start your SMS campaign via the menu item “Messaging”. Select individual contacts or the entire group as the recipient. For the content of your message you have various design options available.
- For example, you can create your own templates, save them, call them up again and insert them. Such standard texts are particularly suitable for introductions that you use frequently, for signatures or contact data, but also for completely prepared phrases (for example, pick-up orders, verifications, confirmations, etc.).
- Use placeholders to easily personalize your bulk SMS, for example, with customizable salutations (forename, surname) or the date of birth for congratulations – the information is automatically taken by the system from the contact information you have stored and entered in the appropriate SMS for the right recipient.
- You also have the option of inserting emojis to give your SMS more expressiveness, be it through smileys, animals, plants or other symbols. This allows you to communicate visually and emphasize the content. Many messages can be loosened up in a modern way and project certain emotions onto the receiver.
On request or on demand, you can use further options, such as setting a specific time to send (exactly to the minute), which is often important for international SMS campaigns. In addition, you determine the SMS type. However, for bulk SMS, we recommend that you always prefer DirectSMS.
Further options for bulk SMS
In addition to the webapp, there are further HTTP API connections available, as well as various interfaces with which you can trigger your SMS campaign from external programs, for example, from your own website or simply while on the go with just one SMS. All options for this are stored in your account under Settings and can be adjusted by you at any time.
- via Email2SMS: Enter the group name in the recipient line (e.g.
SMScampaign4VIP@gateway.sms77.io) and in the subject line the corresponding parameters for the SMS type, sender and key. Detailed instructions are provided by our email to SMS documantation.
- via SMS2SMS: You are traveling a lot, sometimes have no internet connection? Then send an SMS to one of our Shared Inbound Nummern and so trigger your bulk SMS (e.g.
.SMScampaign4VIP passwort content of bulk SMS). Again, the gateway uses the settings stored in your account.
- via Batchsend77 Tool: This allows you to trigger special serial SMS via your consoles/terminals without having to integrate an API. Instead, the gateway is addressed directly via the HTTP API and the tool can be executed from the command line. The download of Batchsend77 is available free of charge to all sms77 customers.
- via Zapier: In addition, the sms77 app is available at Zapier and can be arbitrary linked with other applications. This will allow you to set various apps as triggers that will then activate your SMS campaign.